Annabelle P. Entsminger, the daughter of an EMS Specialist, required the coordination of both air and ground EMS services to access needed specialty care at the University of San Francisco in 2018. Following the success of her care, the Annabelle P. Entsminger Prehospital Education Scholarship was developed in 2021 to assist current and aspiring prehospital nurses, paramedics, emergency medical technicians, and first responders in achieving their educational goals. With the assistance of Northern California EMS, Inc., this scholarship assists applicants who desire to pursue their education in the honored prehospital medical services. All scholarship funds are acquired through donation and purchase of The Entsminger Guide to Prehospital 12-Lead Electrocardiogram Interpretation, a textbook promoting EMS cardiac knowledge.
- Applicants must be 18 or older.
- Applicants must be a resident of California.
- Applicants must have a passion to pursue an education as either a nurse (RN*), paramedic, advanced emergency medical technician (AEMT), emergency medical technician (EMT), or first responder; or
- Applicants must be a current California license or certificate holder in the above disciplines wishing to further their education [ie, EMT to paramedic, paramedic to RN, critical care transport (CCT), flight paramedic/RN, college degree, etc.].
* Nursing applicants must demonstrate willingness and desire to work in ground or air transport settings.
$500. Number of recipients varies annually.
April 1 to July 15; award announced in writing by August 1. Applicants may only apply once for a given cycle.
Applications are reviewed by NorCal EMS Specialists. The applicant showing the strongest desire for prehospital training is recommended to the NorCal EMS Chief Executive Offer for final decision. Upon approval, an award letter with enclosed check will be mailed to the applicant on August 1 of the application year. Incomplete applications or those submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Interested in Donating?
Please send check or money order to:
NorCal EMS Annabelle P Entsminger Prehospital Education Scholarship
930 Executive Way, Suite 150, Redding, California 96003-0635
All donations are tax-deductible and much appreciated.